Premature graying of hair
Gray hair is one of the most familiar signs of aging. The age when greying starts depends on one's genetic inheritance. The loss of hair colour is due to a gradual fall in melanin production in the hair bulb. If you look at the hairs on a greying head you find a full range of color, from the normal shade through to white along each hair, and also from one hair to another. Usually people notice their first gray hairs near their temples. Then the grayness spreads to the crown, and later to the back of the head. Graying in younger age is commonly known as premature hair graying.
Home remedy tips.
- If you notice premature hair in younger age, try to find out the cause of greying. Treat the cause first. As per example, if you suspect any chemical containing cosmetic products than avoid it immediately.
- Stress factor can be a cause of greying. Manage it in day today life by yoga, meditation, Prayanam etc.
- Apply cow ghee [clarified butter from cow milk] once in a week on entire scalp. Leave it for 5-6 hours. This may help to reverse premature graying.
- Brahmi taila - The leaves of 'Brahmi' can be used to make the oil. Leaves of brahmi (centella Asiactica) is taken in 2 parts, sesame oil 2 parts, powder of clove 18th part and cardamom 18th part are mixed together with 16 part water, boiled till all the water evaporates. It is sieved and applied to the scalp. This treatment can prevents further graying.
- Don't use any permanent hair dyes, try natural colours. Long term use of hair dye can be a cause of diffuse alopecia and permanent destruction of hair follicles.
- Henna powder (lowsonia inermis), tea decoction, lemon juice are all made into paste and kept overnight in an iron vessel next day morning, apply it on the hair. It should be left for 3 to 4 hours and washed with cold water. It gives colour to your hair. This is an alternate of your hair dye.
These remedies take time to show a visible change but are effective for some people. The best point concerning a home remedy is that you have many options and, if you think that a particular ingredient does not suit you, you can try an alternative. You should give each remedy at least a week before trying another.