Alopecia is a medical term used for baldness. There are different types of alopecia, including alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a condition that causes a person’s hair to fall out in patches. It is an autoimmune disease where the person’s own immune system attacks his hair follicles The most common symptoms of alopecia areata include patchy hair loss and nail changes, such as depressions in your fingernails, vertical ridges along your nails and rough nail texture.
Alopecia aerate can is an auto-immune disease and is different in different people. Hereditary and environmental factors play a major role in this disease. It is also believed that it mostly occurs in people with a family history of other autoimmune diseases.
Conventional treatment of Alopecia Areata includes: Corticosteroids and Topical immunotherapy which can only suppress it but not cure it. They come with their own side effects.
Alternative therapies are also advised for alopecia areata herbal treatment as they are found effective. These may include:
- Herbal supplements
- Wearing covers to protect the head.
- Wearing shades to cover the eyes from the sun if the eyelashes have worn out.
Alopecia Areata herbal treatment includes:
- Apply onion juice on your scalp
- Massage scalp with rosemary oil. Rosemary oil is commonly used to enhance hair thickness and growth.
- Place cotton cloth dipped in cooled green tea on Scalp
- Apply almond oil
- Take ginkgo supplements
- Apply coconut milk
- Zinc may work as a natural treatment for alopecia areata because it helps to boost your immune system and repair your gut, which is vital for normal immune responses. Food rich is zinc are such as pumpkin seeds, grass-fed beef, lamb, chickpeas, cashews, yogurt and spinach.
- Quercetin is a type of flavonoid antioxidant that is known for its ability to reduce inflammation and fight free radical damage. It has strong effects on immunity and works to down-regulate, or suppress, inflammatory pathways.
- Ginseng is a popular herbal medicine that contains various pharmacological compounds. It works to reduce inflammation and boost immune function.
- Lavender Essential Oil has an ability to heal and protect the skin. It works as a powerful antioxidant and it reduces inflammation.
- Acupuncture is used as a natural treatment for alopecia areata because it can reduce the T1 cells that are attacking hair follicles and causing hair loss.
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods help in treating autoimmune disease naturally as they reduce inflammation and allow your body to recover quickly.
- Reducing stress works strongly to treat thinning hair and hair loss associated with alopecia areata, it’s important to reduce stress levels and allow your body to heal so that your hair will grow back quickly.
These herbal treatments for alopecia areata are safe. But you should take them under supervision of an expert clinic to avoid any side effects and to get a safe treatment with best results.