Do you remember how your grandmother used to make home-made hair packs with amla and how she insisted you use it regularly? Well, believe it or not, she was right!
According to scientists, amla, with its numerous benefits, functions as a natural hair loss treatment. Did you ever realize why that hair product you use regularly has amla as an ingredient? Take your grandmother’s advice and see the difference within days.
7 Medicinal Uses of Amla for Your Hair Problems
Amla or Indian Gooseberry comes with several benefits that act as a treatment for almost all your hair problems. Below is a list of some of the significant benefits of amla.
1. Hair growth and thickening. Amla substitutes useful vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients which improve the blood circulation of the scalp and stimulates healthy hair growth. The collagen protein produced by Vitamin C in amla helps in facilitating hair growth, both lengthwise and volume-wise. Also, drinking amla juice regularly further boosts the thickening of your hair.
2. Strengthens hair. Apart from stimulating hair growth, amla also makes your hair strong. Amla juice acts as a beneficial tonic that strengthens your hair follicles, thus strengthening your hair from the roots and facilitating growth. Amla also enhances the luster of your hair and maintains its color.
3. Treats dandruff. Dandruff is generally caused as a result of the dryness of your scalp. Amla, a vitamin C rich juice, helps to remove the dryness from your scalp. Amla oil acts as a natural moisturizer for your scalp. Moreover, amla has antibacterial properties that help prevent dandruff.
4. Reduces greying of hair. You are going to develop grey hair at some point in your lifetime. But what if you start seeing them in your early stages of life when they are not expected at all. According to Ayurveda, premature greying of hair occurs when there is excessive pitta (the element that governs digestion, nutrition, and metabolism) in your body. Amla acts as a natural coolant and fixes the pitta element, thereby reducing hair greying.
5. Prevents frizziness of hair. Most of us have faced this, and we badly want to get rid of it. Well, amla helps prevent dryness of scalp and hair frizziness by restoring the much-needed moisture to it. The fatty acids present in this amazing little fruit also adds luster to your hair and strengthens the hair follicles.
6. Reduces hair fall. Of course, the most important one is, amla acts as a great hair fall treatment solution. Any professional hair loss specialist would advise you to apply amla oil on a regular basis to reduce hair loss, stimulate hair growth as well as to reduce premature pigmentation.
7. Prevents lice or other hair parasites. Other benefits of amla oil include fighting with parasitic infections or lice attacks in your scalp and hair. It is also used to treat fungal and bacterial hair and scalp infections.
In case you face a severe hair problem, and the problem persists even after the application of amla for an extended period, consult a hair specialist without any delay. He or she might identify some other underlying cause of hair problems and treat them accordingly.