Dandruff - Home Remedies That Can Help
Dandruff is a condition where flakes of dead skin appear on the scalp, accompanied with itching. There are different types of dandruff you can suffer from. It be can yellow and sticky or white and flaky. It is a very common condition, which is often the result of exposure to styling products, chronic constipation, stress, fatigue or pollution. A chemical treatment can surely cure the condition but it can also harm your hair as well as have its fair share of side effects.
Here are a few Ayurvedic home remedies which you could try to treat dandruff:
- Wash your scalp properly. Washing your scalp is very essential for healthy hairs. Improper washing and excessive oil on the scalp can cause dandruff and fungus. One should wash the hairs twice or thrice in a week.
- Get a little sun. A little sunlight may be good for dandruff.
- Manage stress factor. Stress affects your overall health, making you susceptible to a number of conditions and diseases. It can even triggers dandruff or exacerbate existing symptoms.
- If you tend to have an oily scalp, daily shampooing necessary to remove the excess oil may help prevent dandruff.
- Eat a healthy diet. For overall good health, include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and small amounts of lean protein in your diet.
- Coconut oil and camphor: Mix a small portion of camphor with some coconut. Store it in a container and apply it to your scalp every night. The camphor will help cool your scalp, which will help reduce the dandruff.
- Coconut and lemon: Lemon is a particular ingredient, which is used for many hair care remedies. Warm up the coconut oil, mix some lemon juice in it and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for at least half an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo. Perform this remedy at least for two to three weeks.
- Curd and gram flour: Take a small bowl of curd and mix two to three teaspoons of gram flour. Add half a spoon of lemon juice in the mixture before applying it on your scalp and leave it for half an hour. Curd and gram flour are considered to be the best cleansers to clean the scalp and one of the best remedies for dandruff.
- Lemon and neem leaves: Take a few neem leaves and make a paste. Add only half of a lemon to the paste and apply the mixture to your scalp. Leave it on for half an hour before washing your hair with shampoo. Follow this for at least two to three weeks.
- Hot oil massage: A hot oil massage not only gives you relaxation, but also helps a lot with dandruff. Heat up a small amount of oil and massage your scalp with it. The hot oil seeps deeper into the roots of hair.
Note - Information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult a health professional.